1865 - Pungarehu. The lighthouse was built in London, in 1865 the cast-iron segments were shipped to New Zealand and assembled on Mana Island, north of Wellington. However, the spot proved unsatisfactory. "The Mana Island Station was closed in 1877 following several shipping accidents as it was believed this light was being confused with the Pencarrow Light at Wellington Heads. In 1881, the tower was dismantled and carried in sections by ship to Cape Egmont and reassembled on its site.